For patients who are nervous about undergoing dental treatment, we can help create a relaxed experience for you at the Dental Implant Center. Regardless of the extent of your visit, our intravenous IV sedation can provide soothing and comfortable relaxation throughout your treatment.
Contact us today to schedule a consultation and take advantage of our safe and effective intravenous IV sedation during your dental treatment.
What is Intravenous IV Sedation?
It is common for men and women to feel anxiety when they have to receive a dental treatment, and at the Dental Implant Center we want you to have the best quality experience possible, which is why we offer intravenous IV sedation at both of our Colleyville and Dallas locations. This type of sedation involves an IV that is inserted directly into a vein for fast-acting relaxation.
What are the Benefits of Intravenous IV Sedation?
- This method is considered to be the safest and most effective form of dental sedation
- IV sedation is ideal for the comfort of both anxious patients and of those who are undergoing long procedures
- It is superior to oral sedation in that our medical team has more control over the depth of sedation delivered
- Dr. McFadden is trained to deliver intravenous IV sedation as an in-office treatment
- This is often a more cost-effective alternative to other forms of dental sedation
- IV sedation tends to work more quickly, as it is entered directly into a vein
Will I Be Awake During My Procedure?
With IV sedation your level of comfort can easily be adjusted as well as the amount of dental correction necessary. The most typical levels of sedation are:
- Minimal sedation, where you are awake but relaxed throughout your treatment
- Moderate, or conscious, sedation may cause you to slur your speech and you may not remember much about the procedure.
These treatment options can be discussed during your consultation with our medical team to help us determine how to make you the most comfortable during your dental procedure.
To learn more about Intravenous (IV) Sedation and how we can help you please fill out the form below.