When all teeth need to be replaced, one of the options with the best return on investment is the Implant Overdenture.
Implant Overdentures are also called “Snap-On Dentures” because the mechanism to connect the denture to the implants is a male-female, snap assembly. This “Snap Assembly” provides stability (prevents movement front to back and side to side) and retention (prevents the denture from moving away from the tissues).
Contact us today to schedule a consultation and find out if you are a candidate for implant overdentures.
What are Removable Implant Overdentures?
Denture wearers often worry about their teeth slipping, becoming loose, or falling out while performing normal activities like talking and eating. There are many denture adhesives and creams on the market today to help secure these dental prosthetics to your mouth, but many fall short in providing a confident grip that lasts throughout the day. Implant overdentures prevent the need for these products.
Because the Fixed Implant Dentures/ All-on-4 concept has become so popular, many patients are not offered this very good, less expensive option. Implant Overdentures are removable and larger than the Fixed Implant Denture/All-on-4 prostheses, but the following benefits are worth considering:
- Lower cost (as much as half the cost)
- Much easier cleaning. Because the prostheses can be removed, cleaning takes much less effort and time
- For patient with severe bone loss, implant overdentures can provide additional facial support. This is an advantage allowed by the denture extension under the lips to fill in the space where bone was lost
How Do Implant Overdentures Work?
This is a multi-step treatment process:
- Dental implants will be placed into the jaw and left to adhere to the jaw bone for about 2 months this allows the bone to grow to the implant at a cellular level.
- A customized set of overdentures will be created for you to comfortably fit your mouth and replicate the shape and color of a natural set of teeth.
- The overdentures will be attached to the implants for a secure, non-slip fit and worry-free teeth. .
Am I a Good Candidate for Implant Overdentures?
The best way to find out if you are a candidate for this treatment is to schedule a consultation with Dr. McFadden. Using advanced imaging and diagnostics, we will thoroughly examine your individual condition and help you determine whether implant overdentures can provide optimal results for you. We will also discuss what you can expect throughout your treatment process, how to prepare, and any necessary aftercare information that may apply. In general, anyone missing or soon to be missing their teeth are potential candidates for implant overdentures. Because we have implant sizes ranging from 1.5 mm to 6.0 mm in diameter and 6.5 mm to 17.0 mm in length, almost no one is disqualified for implant overdenture treatment.
What is the cost?
The cost varies greatly depending upon the region, the doctor’s training, implant type, number of implants and type of material used for the final restoration. Most common is the use of two or four implants for overdentures. If mini implants can be used the cost is much less (see section on Mini Implants). With regular implants you can expect an overall treatment cost range of $9,500 to 20,000.
To learn more about Removable Implant Dentures/Overdentures and how we can help you please fill out the form below.